August 20, 2003

pure genius

So, tonight I decided to take apart a few computers to put
scsi into my borrowed pc. Faster better, scratch-storage
drive not ata33. It was the system disk of the dualie that
got killed the day of Car vs. Jetta. (Car lost. That's why
I have my Civic.)

Speaking of which, Saturday was the one year anniversary
of Car vs. Mercury Sable. (Car won, but needed several
thousand dollars of work.)

What I was intending to say in this little ramble, is that I
found the Guinness screensaver again. Sweet cheesy
bliss, if you want a copy send me mail.

If I do the excerpts by hand, I can make them long and
put links in them. Woo.

UPDATED: 2006-09-02 I should have updated to say something
sooner, but my hard drives are in all kinds of random places
since Katrina, and I don't even know if all of them work.
I don't know where the file is, I'm sorry. If I find it
I'll link it back to here.

music: sushi-making on the food channel.

candice at August 20, 2003 03:37 AM

Comments

Is that the dancing guy saver or the one with the fish cycling a bike?

Posted by: Waider at August 20, 2003 03:56 AM

The dancing guy one. A friend of mine dug it off
of an "archives" cd of his own sometime last year,
we used to have it on our lone pc in the unix lab
in highschool...

(think kids dancing like the guinness loon...)

Posted by: candice at August 20, 2003 10:48 AM

I used own the CD single for the advert - Guaglione, by Perez "Prez" Prado and his Orchestral; I also had a CD single for some other beer advert, but I can't recall which one. Much fun was made of this "collection" by an American friend - "Waider collects music from beer adverts!".

The cycling fish screensaver was pretty cool, but damned if I could locate it for you. The dancing guy - Joe Mcsomething-or-other - has since been plagued by the advert; no matter what he does - growing a nasty beard, getting multiple ear piercings, etc. - he's still "that guy from the Guinness advert". Poor fellah. I only hope they gave him a lifetime supply of beer vouchers.

Posted by: Waider at August 20, 2003 06:43 PM

Ah-ha, I have a name to download that and inflict it
on friends now. I don't find it that odd to own
beer commercial music, but that's likely because I
have friends that own the n-Hz tone test cds and
utterly dorky things like that.

Thanks.

Posted by: candice at August 20, 2003 09:08 PM

Well, knowing it's "Guaglione" beats going into a music shop and asking for the track that goes "da-dah-da, da-dah-da da-dah-da da-dah-da". Actually, if you like the track, I recommend picking up a compliation of Prado's work, cos it's great stuff. You may even recognise a few of his other works - "Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White" is one that springs to mind.

Actually, just thinking about this, I'm reminded of a friend who said he'd love to be the guy playing the deepest of the brass instruments in "Guaglione" - there's this one seriously bassy note that occurs only a few times through the song, and it's probably a tuba or some such making the noise. It just seemed like a fun job, imagining the whole orchestra coming to a stop and turning to look at you while you play the deepest note you can manage. WHOOOOONK!

Hmm. This coffee may be stronger than I thought.

Posted by: Waider at August 21, 2003 04:29 AM

Hi there.
You said to let you know if anyone wants a copy of the guinness dancing man. I want, I want! I'm at stephen.owen@gmail.com Would really appreciate that, thanks!!!
Steve

Posted by: Steve at June 18, 2006 06:23 AM

Oh please, oh please, can I have a copy of the Guinness Dancing Man screensaver (Prez Prado's Guaglione, right?)

Posted by: Ania at July 5, 2006 04:55 PM

Please could I have a copy of the Guinness Dancing man. Thank you in advance

Posted by: Will Taylor at November 16, 2006 07:00 AM

hi, can you please send me a copy of the dancing man as i lost it on my old compter thank you steve.

Posted by: steve at March 7, 2007 08:09 AM

PLEASE! I also have lost the screensaver in Katrina. I loved it....and the music featured in it.

Posted by: Burton Chatelain at March 24, 2007 01:20 AM

Looking for a copy of the Guinness dancing man screen saver. Please send me a copy if you still have it.
Thanks! sully957@hotmail.com

Posted by: Bikersully at August 3, 2007 01:04 PM

I ahve been looking for the Guiness Dancing Man Screen saver. Please can you send me a copy? It will be much appreciated. My children like dancing to it, but the You-Tube versionis not that crisp. Thanking you in advance.

Posted by: Tim Kourdi at November 21, 2008 05:00 AM

please could you send me copy of guinness dancing man at my e-mail address,very funny
gary