October 05, 2006

dear apple,

(This is turning into a series.)

You have QA teams for a reason.

Today's fun involved finding out that two pieces of released
software on the same machine and operating system, that are
supposed to work with each other have different ldap schema.

Also, supporting multiple password types in directory service
and then restricting which ones can be used for provided
services is seriously lame.

It's like no one tested this stuff before they shipped.

music: Audioslave: Be yourself

candice at October 5, 2006 08:22 PM

Comments

I have no idea what you're talking about in this post, but I'm somehow intrigued...

Posted by: Robert Bruce at October 6, 2006 03:56 AM

You just keep on talking dirty like that - "ldap schema, multiple password types in directory service" - that really does it for me. LOL Just kidding. And yes, I can understand what your talking about - but I am sure you know infinitely more than I do.

When are we going to see another pic. of those shoe's of yours? Just kidding, well kind of. they are so nice!!!! Have a great weekend!

Posted by: mike at October 6, 2006 11:32 AM

Careful, or I'll have to call site security on you.

I ain't no camwhore.

Posted by: candice at October 6, 2006 12:29 PM

Way LOL - Literally. That was good!! Thanks. I needed that on a Friday! Not that Fri. are bad, it is always good to LOL!!!

In response to your comment: Gee, you say "site security" and I am wondering, who or is it whom might that be? Do you have a pair of attach shoes?

Just the pic. maam, that's all I'm asking for!!! And in case you were wondering. No, I do not have a shoe/foot fetish. Just making small talk on the little screen.

Looks like I wrote a book, indstead of a comment.

Take care

Posted by: mike at October 6, 2006 04:19 PM

"attack shoes! DUH homer!!!!
Must be that bad typing finger.

Posted by: mike at October 6, 2006 04:21 PM

Of course I have attack shoes. And I don't respond kindly to requests for pictures. There's plenty enough already.

Site security is someone you would recognize from Chartreuse. He's a sweetheart, but I wouldn't fuck with him.

Posted by: candice at October 6, 2006 04:34 PM

Oh, and Robert, this is what passes for a work rant out of me.

Posted by: candice at October 6, 2006 05:00 PM

Yikes! OK, I retract my request for another pic.

Have a great weekend!!