October 20, 2006

not hating the tourists

So, I was in the french quarter this evening, dressed up
to drop in on a party one of my clients was throwing for
their customers, and I realized something. Lately, we
don't hate the tourists like we used to. I've even found
myself giving directions to lost souls in the warehouse
district. I still don't know where the hotels are, but
I remember being so happy the first time I saw a drunk
girl with a feather boa on after the storm.

Y'all should come visit. Go volunteer to demolish and gut
out houses all day and drink all night. The locals will
be happy to see you.

(Also, the shoes performed admirably. Hours standing
up drinking in heels and my feet feel fine!)

music: Stone Temple Pilots: Dancing Days

candice at October 20, 2006 12:34 AM

Comments

Yeah, you brought back the shoes!!! LOL Hope your feet feel better now. Nothing a nice hot bath and foot rub won't fix.

I may take you up on that tourist thing. I have never been to Norlans (is that how you say it?) and have been itching for a trip. Maybe in the spring if I can break away from the work thing.

Posted by: Mike at October 20, 2006 12:55 AM

No dude, they don't hurt at all. It's awesome.

It's going to make me buy more of the damn things though.

Say it however you like, just don't say it New Or-LEANS. (Unless it's in a song.)

Posted by: candice at October 20, 2006 12:58 AM

Oo, that's a good lookin' pair of shoes!

Posted by: Simon Dorfman at October 20, 2006 02:32 AM

Hey Simon! I may wear them to beans or something if I manage to go soon. Just haven't felt like going lately.

Posted by: candice at October 20, 2006 02:50 AM

It was late so I misunderstood. I thought the shoes were giving you the hurt.

Another pair. Wow, then you'll have 2. Which one's will you wear? Being a Libra, that would be a hard decision for me. Just sayin'.

OK, I will look for songs that have "New Orleans" in them and I'll have it down pat by the time I get there!!! LOL

Posted by: mike at October 20, 2006 02:03 PM

I love Stone Temple Pilots. My kind of girl.

Posted by: Eddie Daroza at October 20, 2006 04:24 PM