December 04, 2006

still no pictures

My camera-buying plans got delayed by hitting a pothole on
Tchoupitoulas under the Ponchartrain Expressway the other
night and then dealing with bent rims, so I've got nothing
shiny to post yet. Soon. I got away with only a couple
hundred dollars in damage, which I suppose is my payment to
the gods that have kept my tires from getting nails in them
driving around disasterworld since last September.

The Reggie Bush Show was cool this week. Leaping touchdowns
and everything.

music: Massive Attack: Exchange
(I finally signed up for last.fm but the iPod sync sucks.)

candice at December 4, 2006 12:44 AM

Comments

That's wonderful luck: I actually got a flat the second morning of my three day visit last December.

Posted by: Damon Brown at December 4, 2006 09:17 AM

Yeah, I've been rather surprised by that. Might be keeping an air compressor and all that kind of stuff in the car keeping them at bay.

My mom is saying I should send the bill to the city. Like they'll pay it. Ha.

Posted by: candice at December 4, 2006 08:25 PM

ohhhh....that sucks. You sure are positive for a girl hitting potholes. :)

Posted by: Eddie at December 5, 2006 12:15 AM

I figure if I pay off the car accident gods now, they'll be good to me later? As it stands now I've had so much extra project work that I can afford that and just say fuck it. (Mind you, I don't have a life lately, but whatever.)

Posted by: candice at December 5, 2006 01:17 AM

Well, I finally got my Nikon D200 this weekend. I haven't really had time to play with it, but I am quite satisfied with my purchase. Pretty cheap too here in Taiwan. I'm looking at a Nikon Nikkor 18-200mm VR lens for February if I can afford it. Bike plans are on hold for the moment. I plan on getting a macro lens, hopefully a wide angle lens and a fisheye lens.

Posted by: range at December 10, 2006 10:28 PM

Very cool. I tend to just go for the pocket/purse sized stuff. Really liking the little black sony a couple posts down so far.

Usually for SLR I borrow my dad's digital rebel, but I'm not all well-versed in photography. I just take pictures of stuff; I'll leave the art to my artist sister.

Posted by: candice at December 11, 2006 01:10 AM

Yeah, I feel like a novice again with the D200, but it is a marvel and I don't regret buying it. I take pictures every night.

Posted by: range at December 18, 2006 11:30 PM