January 07, 2007

public service announcement

hand drawn skyline
Mardi Gras is Tuesday, February 20th. Heavy partying pretty
much sets in the weekend before, and stops at midnight on Tuesday.

Just a reminder.

This picture is part of a set of mini-skylines my sister drew
for me as a Christmas present. I know she didn't work off a
reference, so the skyscrapers are slightly off, but it's still
really cool. (And I don't take good enough pictures for this.)

music: Air: Modular Mix

candice at January 7, 2007 02:51 AM

Comments

Tell your sister good job, I totally recognize the Superdome.

Posted by: Steven at January 7, 2007 02:11 PM

Hush you.

Posted by: candice at January 7, 2007 03:20 PM

Your sister's got a flair for the pen. Nice drawing :)

Posted by: Jessica Doyle at January 11, 2007 07:35 PM

Yeah, she's cool. That's in fine-point sharpie, no less. She got a set of technical pens as a christmas present after this (and its friends) were drawn.

Posted by: candice at January 12, 2007 02:46 AM

Sharpie's are great. The fumes can get a bit much as I remember many nights in art college inhaling various chemical art products…

Technical pens are a god-send. The nibs are strong and the fumes are not as leathal. ;) cheers!

Posted by: Jessica Doyle at January 12, 2007 08:24 PM

Hey, I was listening to Air - Premiers Symptomes this weekend. That album rocks. I am just waiting for their new one. I don't know if I like Talkie Walkie yet.

Posted by: range at January 14, 2007 06:52 PM

Have her open an online business selling similar works of art. The Hugh McCloud of skyline line drawings. Or whatever.

I'll take an order for Toronto's skyline.

Posted by: Fraser at January 14, 2007 08:15 PM

Jessica: The teeny lines are cool.

range: Talkie Walkie I was on the fence about, but I should listen to it again. New album is out in March, which means we can probably find it on the advance circuit now.

Fraser: I have a San Francisco, a Seattle, and what I think is London, as well. Don't know what she wants to really end up doing regarding art, but she does some mural work lately.

Posted by: candice at January 14, 2007 08:36 PM

well keep us updated on her plans w/ it. (especially if there's a toronto skyline :)

Posted by: Fraser at January 15, 2007 05:06 PM